Designed to support healthcare professionals to make informed decisions about Digital Health Interventions, including Digital Therapeutics
There are over 300,000 digital health and wellness apps for people seeking to improve their health, with a subcategory known as Digital Therapeutics (DTx) if they have robust evidence backing them. The sheer number of these Digital Health Interventions (DHI) poses serious challenges for healthcare professionals looking to prescribe these apps and advising patients, carers and the public about them.
The PreDiGiT course aims to prepare General Practitioners and clinical teams across Europe and the UK to support patients to access and use these new interventions in a safe way and at the right time to deliver value and improve the health of patients and populations.
- Clinicians face anxiety and uncertainty about digital health interventions (DHI), including “over the counter” DHI (i.e. one chosen by a patient but not endorsed by the health system).
- Current educational offerings on DHI remain limited to guidelines and regulatory or safety checklists.
- PREDIGIT is the ﬁrst course aimed at supporting healthcare professionals to make informed decisions about how to use and prescribe DHI in practice.
- Using feedback from co-creation events with future learners and experts, we adapted our course to the context of each region in which it is delivered (UK, Spain, France), particularly the maturity of the health system and the experience of its healthcare professionals in using DHI.
- Through the course, frontline staff will gain the confidence to listen to and speak to their patients about DHI to prescribe them and to take a lead in using DHI, including DTx, to improve health.
Due to the COVID19 crisis, the course has been moved fully online. To adapt to the current situation and the current workload of healthcare professionals in the EU and the UK, the course has been condensed into a 1h30 webinar with specific case discussion with a healthcare professional with expertise in DHI. When the situation is normalised, the course will come back to its original format of half-day face to face training.
22nd September 2020 13:00-14:30 UK time
15 October 2020 18:00-20:30 UK time
Delivered by Royal College General Practitioners, University of Oxford and SmarterFutures
12 Noviembre 2020 17:30-18:30
Impartido por Hospital Sant Joan de Déu, IESE Business School y SmarterFutures, en colaboración con el Servicio Andaluz de Salud
15 & 18 December 2020
Delivered by Université Grenoble Alpes
We strongly recommend attending the country-specific webinar where the healthcare professional is practicing because the course is customised to the context of the country where it is delivered. Participation in all webinars is also possible if learners wish to get a broader view of the three countries. A more general EU-wide webinar is planned in November/December 2020.